At Lady J we are committed to foster children’s curiosity about the past and how it impacts modern day life.
- Through the delivery of a broad and balanced, creative curriculum that meets the needs of the children. Our curriculum is enquiry based and builds upon prior learning.
- Through questioning and challenge to encourage children to develop a deeper understanding.
- By equipping children with the skills and knowledge to investigate, explore and think critically about historical events, places and significant people.
- Through wider experiences and provision during child initiated times.
- Children understand the importance of the past and are challenged to think deeper about what they learn and know.
- Children can be masters of their learning and think critically about historical content.
- Children will develop an understanding of their own, local and world history.
- Children’s wellbeing is high whilst they investigate historical skills and knowledge.