“The more that you read, the more things you will know.
The more that you learn the more places you’ll go” Dr Seuss
At Lady Joanna we are committed to providing high quality phonics teaching which helps children to develop excellent vocabulary and cultivates a love of reading.
- Provide high-quality, daily teaching of systematic phonics as an effective method for teaching children to read.
- Provide a range of exciting and multi-sensory learning experiences which help to develop a love of reading and successfully teaches key decoding skills.
- Provide challenge for pupils and deepen learning through having high expectations for all pupils.
- Equip children to becoming independent learners who seek to apply their skills across all subject areas.
- Children are masters of their own learning as they demonstrate their decoding skills independently across the curriculum.
- All children develop a firm grasp of phonics and excellent decoding skills which provide foundations for progressing onto reading fluently for purpose and enjoyment.
- Children’s firm grasp of phonics opens up their world of reading and cultivates a love of reading which lasts for a lifetime.