|School Site Opens For Staff||07:30|
|School Gates Open For Parents||08:35|
|Key Stage Assembly in Hall or Music Room||09:00 -09:15|
|Morning Break||10:15 – 10:30|
|Lunch Break||12:00 (11:50 for Reception Classes) – 13:00|
|Afternoon Break (Key Stage 1)||14:00 – 14:10|
|School Site Closes||17:30|
The school is locked during break and lunch times (see above) and we do not let any visitors in to the school during these times. This is for safety reasons, we wish to avoid visitors accessing the school whilst the children are on the school playground. If you do need to visit the school, please do avoid these times.
ORGANISATION OF THE DAY PROCEDURES
Organisation of the day
A calm, smooth start to the morning is important for learning. Class teachers want the opportunity to greet the children with a smile, start learning promptly and dismiss them safely. Outlined below is the detail of the arrangements for drop off and pick up.
Morning drop off
• Children will make their way directly to their classrooms when they arrive in the morning. There will be no need to line up. Class Teachers / Teaching Assistants will be waiting to meet them. (The only exception is Year R - please see below)
• All gates (the front gate opposite the village hall, Bridge Street entrance, the field entrance) will be open at 8.35am. All children should be in class ready for registration at 8.45. The front gate and Bridge Street entrance will be closed shortly after this. The field entrance will also be open and will be for late arrivals, who will need to report to the office.
• Reception children should meet outside their classroom lining up.
• Hedgehog class should enter via the wooden gates outside the classroom.
• Rabbits and Fox class should enter via the gates near Bridge street. An adult will be there to greet you and if you need to share any key information this will be possible too.
• Squirrel class will enter via their classroom door.
• Junior children can enter via the outside fire doors into their classrooms. If you need to speak to the class teacher briefly in the morning you can accompany your child if you need to, otherwise they can be dropped off at the gate. If you need a longer discussion please wait until the end of the day, make an appointment or use the class email.
• Year R will dismiss from the field and will be there just before 3.10, so parents can collect their youngest child first.
• Year 1 will line up on their playground, outside their classrooms.
• Year 2 will line up on the adjacent playground (Year R playground)
• Years 3,4,5 and 6 will line up on the junior playground.
• The gates will open at 3.10, once the children are lined up and ready. Class teachers will dismiss the children once an adult has been seen. Please do wait to discuss anything with the class teacher until they have dismissed the children safely. This way the class teacher can ensure a safe handover.
• Year 5 and 6 are able to walk home or meet adults off-site, if parental permission has been provided in writing. They should always use the crossing to leave the school site on Bridge Street, where road crossing patrol is in place.
It is essential for all year groups that if you have a change of plan, or a play date or someone else is picking up that you let the class teacher know in advance or call through to the office so we are very clear who is picking up.
NB: If you arrive by car; the utmost consideration for others is essential. We are lucky to have the village hall car park next to the school. Please bear in mind that we use it courtesy of the Village Hall's Goodwill, and also that of our neighbours. This goodwill needs to be matched by our consideration and sensitivity for others.
Parents are NOT permitted, for reasons of safety, to use the Staff car park at the back of the school, this also extends to parents dropping off for the Breakfast club. with large numbers of children and parents using the staff car park exit, cars travelling in the opposite direction are an accident waiting to happen. There are alternative places to park on Churchfield Way and in the village car park by the Co-Op, which have the benefit of allowing our children to use their legs! you might also wish to consider, if you do live locally, whether the car is actually necessary at all.
Please remember that the disabled bays are for use by disabled badge holders ONLY - they are used on a daily basis. Vehicles should not enter the school site from 8:30am - 3:30pm unless directed by a member of staff
During school hours pupils are not allowed to leave the school premises without the permission of the Headteacher. Permission is only granted if a request is made by the parent in person, by telephone or in writing. A parent or guardian or other authorised adult must collect the child. Children should be signed in and out at the school office. During lunch break pupils must remain on the premises.